Tag Archives: ICP history

What six of them saw. . .

  “What six of them saw” is a project from 1971 produced by the International fund for Concerned Photography and was funded by ‘modest grants’ and the financial support of the PR Company Ruder and Finn (David Finn was closely … Continue reading

Posted in Cornell Capa Papers, ICP alumni, ICP Archives, International | Tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , | Leave a comment

Happy Birthday ICP

On the evening of November 15th 1974 the International Center of Photography opened its doors for the first time to for an exhibition. . November 16th 1974 was declared to be “International Center of Photography Day” by then New York … Continue reading

Posted in ICP Archives, International, Unpacking the collection | Tagged , , , , , , , , , , | 1 Comment

We passed upon the stair. . .

ICP Staff Photograph from 1981 or 1982 . Taken upon the staircase of the Willard D. Straight House (1130 Fifth Avenue, at East 94th Street on the northeast corner). Staff Atlas from the 1981 image John Abrams, Technical Assistant Gideon … Continue reading

Posted in Events, ICP alumni, International, Unpacking the collection, Visual Research | Tagged , , , , , , | 1 Comment