HOURS AND LOCATION
Preview Thursday, September 17, 6-9 pm
Friday, September 18, 1-7pm
Saturday, September 19, 11am-9pm
Sunday, September 20, 11-am-7pm
MoMA PS1 is located at 22-25 Jackson Avenue on 46th Avenue,
Long Island City, NY
Free and open to the public, the NY Art Book Fair is the world’s premier event for artists’ books, catalogs, monographs, periodicals, and zines. Last year, the fair featured over 350 booksellers, antiquarians, artists, institutions and independent publishers from twenty-eight countries.
ICP is proud to have many students, current and former staff and faculty, affiliated groups and alumni exhibiting at the fair and participating in events during the weekend. Here’s a guide to our folks at the fair and if you can’t make it in person be sure to follow us on Instagram @icplibrary for pics.
ICP Faculty, Student and Alumni Tables
- bookdummypress /bdp studio’s Victor Sira (ICP-Bard MFA faculty and PJ ’91) and Shiori Kawasaki (PJ ’07) are at Table N06
- Secretary Press’ Libby Pratt (MFA ’12) and Michi Jigarjian (GS ’09, MFA ’12) and Blonde Art Books are at table N36
- Conveyor Editions’ Faculty members Jason Burstein and Christina Labey are at table Q05.
- ICP/Bard MFA is at table U02
- Lodret Vandret‘s Flemming Ove Bech (GS ’09) is at the table 3 in the Dome
- NOWORK‘s Pierre Le Hors and Tuomas Korpijaakko are at table N22
ICP Faculty, Student, Alumni
and 10 x 10 Photobooks Events
- Daisuke Yokota: Color Photographs And Print & Play: Japanese Photobooks
Sept 18–20, 2015
24-20 Jackson Avenue, Long Island City, NY 11101
10×10 and the ICP Library present two pop-up exhibitions highlighting contemporary Japanese photography and photobooks on view at the ICP-bard MFA Studios during the NY Art Book Fair at MoMA PS1.
- Opening Reception: Saturday, Sept 19, 2015 from 6-9pm
Friday, September 18, 12-8pm
Saturday, September 19, 12-9pm
Sunday, September 20, 12-5pm
Afternoon tea with Nick Waplington- Saturday, Sept 19th 2015, 3-4pm
ICP-Bard MFA Studios, 24-20 Jackson Avenue, Long Island City, Queens
Artist talk and book unveiling with the man himself.
- Contemporary Artists’ Books Conference
Two full days of lively debate on emerging practices and issues within art-book culture.
Begins Friday, Sept 18, 1:30 pm
ICP’s Matthew Carson has produced a session for the #CABC on the relationship between archives and photography and the increasing phenomenon of using an archive as a narrative structure in photobooks. Presenters for this session include ICP’s Bernard Yenelouis, Susanne Kriemann (Berlin) and Kalev Erickson (London) from the Archive of Modern Conflict.
- Conveyor Magazine
Friday at 4:00pm – 5:30pm Launch of the Time Travel issue of Conveyor Magazine. In celebration of the release, a limited edition set of Time Machine postcards designed by artist Liz Sales (MFA 2010) will be included with each copy of the magazine. Conveyor Magazine is published by faculty members Jason Burstein and Christina Labey.